Waltham Forest has successfully qualified for £1.9million of Additional Restrictions Grants Top Up funding. This additional funding will be used in four ways:
- Issuing grant to the remaining eligible Hardship Fund applications from the previous round.
- Launching the Industrial Locations Hardship Scheme (see below).
- Launching the Non-rateable Travel Industry Fund .
- Business support activities – including a pre-start up and start up programme; a scale up and grow business support programme and funding for the Enterprise Innovation Hub.
Industrial Location Hardship Fund (ILH) Click to get info
The Industrial Locations Hardship fund provides additional financial help to larger businesses based in Waltham Forest who may not have been eligible for previous Rates based grants, have a rateable value of more than £51,000 per year and more than 10 full time equivalent (FTE) PAYE employees*.
There are two levels of grant available based on the number of employees:
- Businesses with between 10 and 29 FTE employees = up to £75,000 per business.
- Businesses with 30 or more FTE employees – up to £100k per business.
Grants will be assessed against the eligibility criteria and awarded on a first come first served basis until the available funds are fully allocated.
*Full Time Equivalent is defined as working an average of at least 30 hours per week in the three months up to the 1 October 2021
For information on all grants click here: